I've flown 'out of lines' on trapeze and taken a nasty tumble after a bad catch.
I've spoken my few Japanese sentences to every Japanese person I've met since 1999.
I've opened expensive bottles of wine in front of very rich people who are critical of those procedures.
I've submitted an article hoping it would be published.
I sent in resumes to jobs I never thought I'd be qualified for.
I interviewed for one such job and GOT the job.
I drove across the country by myself. Twice.
In Arizona I stopped my car at 4 AM, turned off the lights and experienced the desert loneliness and wonder and absolute darkness.
I signed up for an Ironman.
I stood on the beach with nearly 2000 other crazies in 50 degree weather in a wetsuit wondering how long said Ironman would take.
I did the Ironman.
I teach 7th graders. We do 'lockdown drills'.
I've spent a Christmas away from my family.
I permanently change my color photos to black and white on iPhoto.
I took in a shelter cat.
I nearly went to the Naval Academy.
I hid a gifted kimono in my luggage when I came home from Japan.
I threatened an airline desk agent when she told me the plane was full. She put me and the other 2 traveling with me in Prestige Class.
I performed 'swinging trapeze' which is quite different than 'flying trapeze' in that you swing mostly from your legs and feet and have a much greater chance of dying.
I wash my lights and darks together.
No comments:
Post a Comment