5/13/08

Past Life

Oprah did a piece today about past-life regression as therapy. It reminded me of a story my mom tells over and over. When I was very young (around 2) we were in the car and I saw a truck. I apparently said, "Before I was born I was a man, and I drove a truck."

From an early age I've believed there's meat to this past-life thing. The famous psychiatrist, Dr. Weiss, talks about a 'spiritual sea' where we are part of a collective soul. At each funeral I've attended I wonder what has happened to the life energy of the person whose body remains behind, empty.

According to the first law of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed. With this in mind, it's hard to believe the energy that exists inside me, the energy I feel, the vibration that is my 'life' or my 'soul', could simply 'disappear' when I die.

So the question is on the table: Where does that soul energy go?

My grandmother, Memo, died last week and I ponder, at least once a day, whether I'm breathing molecules of her soul, whether some of her energy exists in each of us whose lives she touched. Perhaps when a body dies it's because over the lifespan of that person they gave away their life energy in some form to others.

If you have an opinion or theory, would you please leave a comment for me and others to read? I'd like to know what you think.

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat