Last week I purchased a motorcycle and the little girl at the house wanted to know if my father was going to take her dad's bike away. I realized she was looking at Jay when she said it and wondered if she thought we were instant friends, and that only dad' ride bikes. Not sure of her reasoning, I left with a chuckle. I think Jay and I look to be of similar age.
Two days later a girl of similar age at my pool asked if Cam, my 16 year old assistant coach, was my son. She thought we looked alike and apparently I boss him around like he's my son, so she assumed I was his mother. I explained that I was only 14 when he was born, so no, I wasn't his mom.
Interesting.
2 comments:
Last year I had a new teacher observing in my classroom. He's 26. One of my students whispered loudly to me: Is that your son?
OUCH.
How's the motorcycle? What kind?
Post a Comment