I've become somewhat of a procrastinator during my long winter break from teaching middle school. I sleep late, lounge with my dog on the couch watching season 1 of The Tudors, several times considering a run, a ride or some stretching on the carpet in front of me. Because of my procrastination I've also become a night runner. Not one to forgo exercise altogether, I get out the door with my pooch, Bailey, as the sun dips and sends cooler temperatures.
Some lessons I've learned as a night runner:
1. Branches along sidewalks are invisible. Squint at all times!
2. Bike lanes on roads are saver for ankles than unlit sidewalks.
3. A dog can save you from falling REALLY hard.
4. People who wait at bus stops in the dark are really apprehensive toward dogs.
5. It feels colder but calmer at night.
6. I feel like I'm much faster when I run in the dark!
7. Trails and roads are much less crowded.
8. Dinner tastes SO much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment