Follow my journey from small-town triathlete turned NYC mom, turned nomadic homeschooling family of six.
1/19/10
A post for a random Tuesday
10. I love countdowns.
9. I've heard so much about Haiti that I'm nearly numb to it. I have to turn off news and NPR and just breathe and remember that there are people who are stealing raw, rancid meat and drinking dirty water just to stay alive. I wish I could help.
8. I had a very grown-up conversation with my parents today and it was refreshing. I'm 31. I like it.
7. I got a power bill for $221 today. That's for ONE MONTH. I checked my bill for the apartment where I lived last year and it was $18. I changed my habits so drastically after a $30 bill that the next month it was 84 cents. I use energy saver bulbs. I turn off lights obsessively. Right now I have the TV on and my computer is plugged in. The heat is OFF. This is normal. Why $221? The power company denies there is a problem. "This is normal for this time of year." B.S.
6. My parents are moving to Florida in the next two years. I told them I'll be fine with it but I may feel differently when it actually happens.
5. Trapeze School New York opens up again on February 15. I'm going to catch. I'm going to have abs again. I may have shoulder problems someday. That's okay.
4. I'm running again! I'm biking again! I have no desire yet to sign up for a triathlon this season.
3. I love working out on playgrounds. I want one that's adult-sized. There are TWO in my complex that have monkey bars high enough that my feet don't touch. My dog whines when I hang upside-down.
2. My brother is so cool!
1. Days are getting longer. Happiness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat
No comments:
Post a Comment