I went to the DMV at Herald Square today for the 3rd attempt at getting my New York license. The first time I hadn't read the instructions carefully and ended up without 'Proof of Birth', which isn't actually listed in the bullets of items needed, it's in the paragraph at the top. My fault. On the second journey I walked in proudly with my passport, birth certificate, transcripts and original social security card, only to find a line out the door (estimated wait: 4 hours). I waited about 15 minutes, when an announcement informed us that the whole state computer system was down and that we'd have to return the next day. That was two weeks ago.
Today I returned. The line snaked halfway to the door, indicating a wait of about 2.5 hours. I was armed with my book, two New Yorkers, my blackberry and some snacks. About 40 minutes into my wait I was ready to sit down (I've gained 20 pounds, 29 weeks pregnant). I received a long-awaited phone call from the Department of Education (that's a whole other story) and as I was talking to the woman (despite signs that say "NO PHONE ZONE") a young-ish woman interrupted me, asking if I was pregnant. I'm clearly pregnant and wondered why she was butting into my conversation to ask me that. She walked across the room and got a security guard, announcing to the line that pregnant women don't wait in line. He escorted me to the front. What a gesture! I quickly finished my phone call but not in time to thank the woman who had saved me from hours of waiting. Where ever you are, THANK YOU!
1 comment:
Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.
BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS
1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..
Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com
Post a Comment