9/24/10

Thoughts for Friday

1.  The baby in my belly sleeps every 3 days.  He moves constantly, like a shark in a little bag, for 3 days straight, and then I don't feel him move again for a day or so.  I was worried until I recognized the pattern.  If that's any indication of what's to come, we're in for it.

2.  I have an offer to be a long-term substitute teacher for a woman who will go on maternity leave October 15.  The job will be October 18-January 31.  I meet the principal and teacher next Friday.  At what point in the conversation should I point out that I too will be having a baby, right in the middle of the teaching assignment?  Will they still let me teach for a month and a half?  Is it discrimination if they tell me they'd rather hire someone who can work the whole 3 months?  Update next Friday.

3.  I go back to teaching trampoline next Wednesday.  It's something that makes me feel like myself.  Several people have asked me whether I'll be able to teach.  Do I have to be able to demo a fliffus to teach tuck jumps? 

4.  I can still do a handstand...31 weeks pregnant!

5.  I'm taking an online course on literacy in content areas for secondary students.  The instructor posted the syllabus, which includes the first assignment, due Sunday night.  Yesterday she commented that the assignment drop box contains a grading rubric and I checked it out.  It's TOTALLY different than the assignment she posted in the syllabus.  I'd already done the research and started the first project, and when I emailed her she said she'd be grading based on the rubric and to follow those guidelines.  Also, I'm the only one in the class.  I'm not sure about this online thing yet.

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat