I've avoided posting for a week or so, since my days have returned to 'normal'. Who wants to read about normal?? For the past 10 years I've done things people considered cool, weird, abnormal and eclectic. I'm about to be a teacher for the second time and I find myself identifying myself as such. I haven't done paperwork and I'm not an official employee of Arlington County yet, so right now I work at Harry's Tap Room, dealing with daily frustrations of working at an inefficient restaurant but interacting with amazing people every day.
I'm going through an interesting move right now. My training buddy Jen has gone to Viet Nam for 5 weeks and I'm staying with her dogs, Kosmo and Nora. Nora needs constant attention and wants to touch me all the time. I'm intensely asserting my dominance over Kosmo, hoping he'll stop trying to hump my leg and nip my knees within a week or so.
I've put off developing another training goal until I'm having fun exercising and I've lost a bit of heft. I want to feel great running instead of feeling like I'm carrying a fat man on my back. The goal right now is to keep avoiding refined, processed foods and sugars of all kinds and to move fast for at least a half hour a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment