7/21/07

New Relationship


I'm creating a new relationship with food, at the request of my doctor. I haven't had one to call 'my doctor' in a while and I've finally found someone with whom I click. Her name is Isabella and she's the picture of health, something I've always expected from my doctor but never experienced. She recommends some changes that I've taken to heart and already I feel healthier.

To sum up:

Surround yourself with local, colorful, amazing produce.
Before you eat something ask, "Is thie going to nourish my muscles, bones and tissues?"

My parents have been dabbling with Dr. Gott's No Sugar, No Flour Diet, and my mom and I were discussing the discomfort of making significant changes. We concluded that it's reasonable to exchange one discomfort (being overweight) for another (changing habits).

So, for two days now, I've almost completely avoided refined carbohydrates and eaten mostly fruits, veggies and meat. I feel fantastic. Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat