I love the prospect of fall. Even when it's 90 degrees outside I know it's fall on the calendar and I feel fall in my bones. I calms me and I think I start to hibernate. Fortunately I try on my winter clothes before I need them, and that reminds me not to eat tubs of ice cream because I have to fit into them in a month or so.
At middle school diving practice today my least talented diver worked on one piece of a dive nearly all practice. He wanted so badly to do what the other kids were doing but he just hadn't mastered the skill set needed to lead up to the inward dive. Over and over he asked me if he was ready and I had to turn him down. At the end of practice he asked if he could try it off the side and he gave it a good enough try that I knew he'd be safe to try it off the low platform. The diver jumped back, lifted his hips and dove right in. Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment