9/5/07

Teaching, once again

I'm back in the classroom! I love it more than I can express. My day passes so fast and I wish each class were longer so I had more time to get to know the kids. I've met more than 90 kids in the past 2 days and I know about half of their names now, but I already know who my favorites are, which classes are crazy, which kids are quicker than most and I can guess whose parents are super-involved. They are more mature mentally than I was at their age. They are engaged and interested and eager. I was bored. They're savvy, intelligent and excited. After taking an educational theory class and talking for weeks about how disrespectful and disconnected kids are these days, my faith in the kids and parents is restored after spending time with these kids. I don't worry so much about the future of our nation and our planet after meeting these kids. My hope is that I can be effective in maintaining interest in learning and to help them along to the next steps in education.

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat