8/30/07

Optimism

All of a sudden I had this strange feeling in my gut. It started in my intestines, spread to my stomach, travelled up to my shoulders and finally took over my brain. I didn't recognize it at first but the more it sat there I realized it was familiar but from long ago. Optimism. The feeling is extreme optimism. Sunny, uninterrupted, bright, happy optimism. Hello, how have you been? I haven't seen you for a while. Welcome back.

My students come back on Tuesday, which is exciting, but even more immediate than that is the return of Jen and Paul, the owners of the house where I'm staying (and the dogs that sleep on my face every night). They're coming back a week before I anticipated, which means I move into my new room with Jay a week earlier!

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat