8/15/07

Some thoughts

1. It's interesting to me that I'm not concerned with being called an 'Ironman'. I am constantly corrected by people to whom I tell my story; The call me an 'Ironwoman'. I'm slightly bothered. I have an M-dot tattoo on my ankle, not a W-dot. I AM AN IRONMAN.

2. I love low-humidity weather. It's 95 degrees outside but because it's not humid I have the air conditioner off and the windows open. I live in the mid-Atlantic where the humidity is usually oppressive. This makes me happy.

3. Dr. Phil is turning into Jerry Springer. Putz.

4. This country is running on paperwork. I got a TB test at the county clinic yesterday. It took me a half hour to fill out all the forms, then I waited for two more hours to have a needle stuffed in my arm for 3 seconds. Why do I need 15 forms for a TB test?

5. Bicycle rentals in DC? Really?? People who live here don't ride for fun on the bikes they own...tourists are going to pay to ride bikes on the streets of DC? Best of luck.

6. Peanut butter is amazing. Especially when melted.

7. Hilary Clinton's new ad: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8683961909980037434&q=hilary+clinton+ad+bush&total=54&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9. She's dropped a few points in my book. Bashing the current administration is commonplace and acceptable for bumper stickers and watercooler talk, but a presidential campaign? I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.

8. Thinking of napping in the cool fall breezes that will soon be among us makes me smile. I take a deep breath and relax when I think about it.

9. Dogs that eat the cat's dry food make me want to scream. (Think about fall breezes, think about fall breezes.)

1 comment:

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Casey!

Awesome pictures on your blog!!!

I also appreciated your advice on the IM swim.

I have a pet turtle and hope someday to have an IM tatoo like yours. would love to hear details about how to do this...

Have a wonderful day!

Mary

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat