Follow my journey from small-town triathlete turned NYC mom, turned nomadic homeschooling family of six.
8/9/07
Quick Like a Cat
Yesterday I went to Airdrie, a farm owned by my uncle Terry. It's idyllic, peaceful and refreshing. I played with my younger cousins, fished, spun on a swing until I was nauseous, had a crab feast and nearly killed the dog. I was on the pier, fishing and crabbing with the three young ones when my aunt called out that she wanted me to keep my eye on Leo, the youngest. I shifted my protecting eye from Dylan, the 15-year old mutt who has had both eyes removed and cannot hear, to Leo. Holding Dylan's leash in one hand and showing Leo how to cast a line with the other, I felt a tug on the leash and heard a splash. As I realized what happened I reached down, grabbed the dog by the scruff and yanked her up onto the dock. What excitement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat
No comments:
Post a Comment