Room 360 is on the third floor of a beautifully constructed building. It has no windows, too few desks and chairs, no ceiling-mounted projector, terrible acoustics, NO WINDOWS. I have two computers, six staplers and 46 amazing students. I've only observed them in their original classes and briefly met them, but I do know that they are nice. They're excited to switch to my class on Monday next week, and I'm nervous about starting with two new classes in the middle of the year. I'm sad about leaving MY students at WMS but looking forward to connecting with my new students. More later on that.
Onto triathlons! Onto marathon season! I've (tentatively) decided to start my 2008 season with a marathon in Myrtle Beach. I haven't officially committed to it by signing up but I have made a verbal promise to train with a friend. My second commitment of the season will be the St. Anthony's triathlon, for which I will raise $4,200. Again. I can come in last place in that one. I've done an Ironman. I'm a bit down on myself this month (seasonal eating is upon me, literally) so I'm grateful to these things that make me feel good about myself, regardless of the weather or mood:
For one day, I was an Ironman
I have silky, long hair
I only have one wrinkle
I still look 22
Children like me
Adults like me
Dogs like me
Cats...they like me too
I enhance my science repertoire every day
I'm great at scrapbooking
I have red running shoes
I can run miles at a time without stopping
I have a dog that loves to run with me
I can speak 'pirate Japanese'
1 comment:
You are so optimistic and your enthusiasm for your kids is so awesome.
When is the MBM? Can I run?
Post a Comment