I signed up for the MBM tonight, against the better judgment of my knees. I've been eating like I'm going to die tomorrow, and it's showing up in my 3-4 mile runs. Today begins my great-eating regimen, in hopes of being faster and fitter for the marathon in February. I expect it won't be difficult to break my personal record of 5:32, as I was wearing the wrong size shoes, recovering from IT band issues and at the end of a build cycle for ironman (I'll stop capitalizing it, since it was 6 months ago). I think it's reasonable to set a goal of 5 hours and 153 pounds. I have 12 weeks.
I'm hoping my friend Sarah will join me. I'm making a concerted effort to run with others. I've avoided it in the past, assuming I'd be holding back anyone willing to run with me. I don't mind being slow but I don't want to keep someone who runs faster from their natural speed. However, realizing I'm not going to get social time unless I go to a bar (therefore spending money) or invite people into my personal sphere of exercising, I'm going to have to run with others. I actually ran with my boyfriend (can we call them 'manfriends' if they're over 30?) today. He's shunning all forms of exercise to balance out the year of ironman training, and since he's out of running shape we were able to run together when I pushed myself a bit. Good times!
I'm tired of leftovers and figure this is the perfect time to change my diet in favor of lean meats and vegetables. Weight today: 165.
2 comments:
Good luck on the MBM. I too have been eating too much. Tuesday, it is back to the pool!!
if you need a run buddy or any support whatsoever, holler:) and i agree - manfriend is much better!
Post a Comment