11/26/07

Fundraising has begun!

For those of you who make enough money to have to give some away, here's my fundraising website for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training: www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaKMoore1 I'm raising $4,200 while training for an Olympic distance triathlon. The coach is a fantastic woman named Jenny Banks, and I'm excited to gain some insight from here over the next few months. She and I trained together for Ironman Coeur d'Alene, and I'm fully aware of how badass she is. I'm hoping some of that will rub off on me, and that I can balance my new job(s) with training, volunteering and fundraising. I also have the marathon to contend with, and I'll keep you updated on my progress there, provided that balance is in place and I have time to blog. I'm looking forward to a lighter training load than last year (much shorter bike rides makes for a happier Casey). Happy running!

I woke up early this morning excited to run with my new training partner, Jamie. She and I are so closely matched for pace, and the dog makes our circle complete. We're going run together on Mondays and Wednesdays, and hopefully in a few upcoming races. She's inspired me to ask Santa for a Garmin so I can track my progress on my computer. Wheee! I feel like an athlete again!

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I highly recommend the Garmin 305. I have had it for a couple of months now and enjoy. The data can you can get from it is pretty cool. I am not sure I use it properly, but what the hell--I am lazy.

On the lazy note--I don't think we have met. Just neighbors who happen to be lazy.

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat