As you may know I've been teaching middle school science in Arlington, Virginia. It's an enlightening experience to spend time with pre-teens who are bright, respectful and excited to learn. A student of mine is experiencing complications from childhood Leukemia, which has caught my interest once again to raise funds for Leukemia research, to be donated in her honor in hopes of making progress in the search for a cure. In exchange for my fundraising efforts I'll be given an opportunity to participate in the St. Anthony's Olympic distance triathlon in St. Petersburg, Florida.
I have included the link to my secure donation site below. Please consider donating to this site in any amount to help me reach my personal goal of $5000 (the goal for all race participants is $4200 and I'm raising a bit more). You will receive a confirmation by email of your donation and I will be notified when you make your donation. The deadline for donations is March 15, 2008.
St. Anthony's triathlon includes a .9-mile open-water swim, a 27-mile bike ride and a 6-mile run. This will be the shortest distance race I've done in 3 seasons of triathlons, so I'm setting a time goal of less than 3 hours. You can find out more about my fundraising efforts, triathlon training, middle school teaching and general ramblings about life at my blogsite, also listed below. Please forward this email to others to encourage them to donate as well.
Have a great holiday season, and I hope to hear from you.
Best,
Casey Moore
410-703-6387
www.ironcasey.blogspot.com
Donate to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaKMoore1



1 comment:
Casey-I'll definitely donate, but don't know the amount yet. Perhaps, I could come over for the race...especially if Jay is with you. Hope you have a good week. Do you have to work all week? I'll be in touch. Gift Package posted today-Happy Holidays to all. Fondly, marty
Post a Comment