12/17/07

Double rats.

I observed a teacher on Friday who is reviewing with her students for the same test I am. She had an obscure outline that didn't make sense to me at first glance. She gave the kids some cues and they were off and running! I was so amazed at how they focused and clearly discussed answers that I decided to use the same outline. Today I began with a short assessment and then let my students work for 5 minutes silently on the outline. As I handed out the assessment the vice principal walked in. Rats. I'm aware that the administrators perform unannounced observations, but this lesson, out of the 4 weeks I've been at the school, was the most boring, least interactive of all. To prove how unfortunate his timing was, the students didn't understand the outline and we had a difficult time just finding "Roman Numeral I". Double rats. He said it wasn't 'that bad' and that I have 'great rapport' with the students. I guess it's a rats and a half.

I cured myself by getting a flu shot. And some dark chocolate. And some peppermint ice cream. I'll jump back on my exercising wagon, right after Oprah.

1 comment:

Megan Greeley said...

Hey Casey,

I enjoy reading your posts and hearing all about how you juggle the gazillion things in your life with such great humor. Superwoman! - no joke!

And, love how you handled the little snag at school: get some dark chocolate and peppermint ice cream followed by a dose of Oprah...sounds damn good to me!

Merry Christmas!!!

Meg

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat