Follow my journey from small-town triathlete turned NYC mom, turned nomadic homeschooling family of six.
12/31/07
Year in review
In 2007 I went through some changes and challenges:
i coached divers at the ACC Championships
i learned how do perform an abdominal aortic aneurysm endovascular repair
i traveled with a job that made me miserable
i resigned from that job
i completed my first marathon
i completed my first Ironman triathlon
i saw rural montana, northern idaho and eastern washington state
i changed a flat tire by myself on an suv at sunrise in rural montana
i became a teacher again
i moved twice
i adopted a dog with my boyfriend
i got a trampoline
i dated (and still date) the same man for the entire year
i went kayaking in beaufort, north carolina
i started this blog
i wrote a poem to a pig
i took the GRE
i cried a lot
i laughed a lot
i complained about my bicycle a lot, and about how slow i am
i was betrayed by someone i loved like a sister
i became good friends with several people i met in 2007
i maintained friendships with two great friends from high school
i got my hair trimmed only once
At the beginning of 2007 I resolved to give up Starbucks and all their products for the entire year. The purpose of this was to save money, and in February I got a job that provided me a company card. Starbucks resolution, be gone! I don't have that job (or the company card) anymore but the Starbucks addiction has come and gone several times depending on my checking account surplus. I won't resolve this year to not buy it, but I'll continue to curb my consumption.
I also resolved to cease eating fast food buns. I reasoned that grilled chicken sandwiches are fairly healthy without the refined flour. I did in fact stop eating those buns and aside from a few instances I didn't eat fast food at all. Bravo!
I believe there were two other resolutions but I cannot recall them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat
No comments:
Post a Comment