- I'm afraid of masses of Evangelicals chanting political views.
- I'm afraid because I know two sixth graders who do not know the difference between addition and subtraction.
- I'm afraid because I know 8th graders who don't see anything wrong with being angry all the time, and who can't find how many slices of pizza are in 7 boxes of 12 slices each.
- I'm afraid because my body craves sugar more than anything else.
- I'm afraid that I have a gluten allergy.
- I'm afraid that our country is overly concerned with Britney.
- I'm afraid that my water has chemicals and that my fruits and veggies contain pesticides I don't know about.
- I'm afraid of mountain biking.
- I'm afraid that I'm getting more afraid because I 'm getting older.
- I'm afraid of getting a flat tire going downhill at 35 miles per hour.
- I'm afraid of flesh-eating bacteria.
- I'm afraid that what I teach won't make a darn bit of difference in anyone's life.
Follow my journey from small-town triathlete turned NYC mom, turned nomadic homeschooling family of six.
1/18/08
Fear
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat
1 comment:
Interesting set of fears. We all have our specific set. I read something recently that help me rethink fear: (something along these lines) --- when fear is acknowledged and addressed, then removed, confidence takes up residence where fear once resided.
The naming of some 'other' gives us power over that 'other'. In naming our fears we can choose to use the power of that action to be the first step toward taming those fears.
You GO, girl! :)
Post a Comment