1/19/08

Flesh Eating Viruses




I went to the Koshland Science Museum on 6th and E in DC today. It was FREE, which was the first point of interest for me. They advertised 'infectious diseases under microscopes' which, for some reason, makes me want to get CLOSER. I emailed several of my friends earlier in the week to ask if they wanted to go (maybe I asked YOU, reader) and didn't get any positive responses, so I planned to go on my own. I visited some of my new Team in Training teammates at Cosi on my way into the city, and as I was leaving I told the group about my plans. Lo and behold, two of them were science nerds as well! Mel, my new swimming coach, even majored in Infectious Diseases! I knew I was in for a fun time.

We saw stuffed viruses with which I've fallen in love. You too can snuggle with bubonic plague and ebola! Check them out and realize that you have an automatic easy present to buy for my 30th birthday on May 20th. Just an idea. "What do you want for your birthday, Casey?" "I'd like a scabies doll, please!"

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat