I woke up at 5:00 ready to do a standard long run. I didn't have my running comforts and felt a bit strange because of that, but my day went just like any other long run. I've gotten used to running with my dog, iPod, Garmin GPS and fuel belt. I decided to shun all of that and run 'pure'.
I started off at a comfortable pace, settled into a groove for about 24 miles, got achy toward the end and wondered why I subject myself to such discomfort. I sprinted past a girl I'd flip-flopped with for the last 10 miles and finished 17 minutes ahead of my goal and ran a negative split second half. I enjoyed nearly every minute! I approached this race thinking I wanted to have one more long distance endurance race under my belt before I focus on shorter distances, and I had such a great time I think I'll do more. I even considered doing one in every state, but I think I may want to try other adventures in the next 20 years. I'd love to do a marathon overseas!
My stats:
I'm not fast but I'm much fastER.
Miami 1/07: 5:39 (slow and painful in so many ways)
Ironman CDA marathon 6:10 (that's with a 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike ride first)
Myrtle Beach: 4:43!! (that's less than 11 minutes/mile:)
success.
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) sounds like you had a great race. i am sorry i had to miss it.
You are a total rock star. I am so proud of you. You are now officially speedy in my book.
Too bad I wasn't there to sing...Strawberry Fields Forever.
Post a Comment