3/30/08

Cherry Blossoms!

Click on the photo!


These photos are from the first day of the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. I've never seen so many people excited about flowers and trees! My friend Natalie and I took our dogs and walked from Rosslyn, the closest parking spot we could find, to the Tidal Basin. What a beautiful time of year to live here! The photo on the right was taken at the least crowded moment, but I still ended up with two random people in the frame. I haven't figured out how to edit them out yet, but I'll post that when I do.

I ran in a race at the same spot this morning. Last weekend I met a professional triathlon coach who gave me some great advice. He knew I have a degree in Kinesiology, so he spoke 'shop talk', three-quarters of which I absorbed. I used his advice this morning and ran 8:30 miles for 5K, which is faster than I've ever run for that distance. Thanks, Coach Al!

For those of you who don't know, I'm helping to organize Zooma Annapolis Half Marathon and 10K Race. It's a women-focused race and will have a spa-like atmosphere at the after party. If you're a runner, consider running this race on June 1. If you're not a runner yet, you can help out by volunteering your morning (free t-shirt and other stuff!). You can sign up to volunteer on the Zooma site as well. If you have a group of 20-30 people we can possibly donate money to your organization. Email me if you're interested in doing that (moore826@gmail.com).

1 comment:

Steve Stenzel said...

Can't WAIT until it starts looking like that around here!

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat