4/7/08

CRRRRRack


I went to Dr. Kathy Coutinho for my second chiropractic appointment. This is the first time I've willingly and happily parted with $250 at one time. She did some ART (Active Release Therapy) on my 10-mile-race-sore hips, during which I wanted to yell and hit her, after which I felt a sense of peace I rarely feel in my day-to-day life. After the ART she read my freshly taken X-Rays, where I found out I have a funny curve (the opposite of a lordosis) and my left-side muscles are pulling my head into a semi-permanent lean.

After we talked about the strategies to fix this (special $35 ice pack, massage, biofreeze, special $100 pillow, $20000 worth of treatments) she did what she described later as "The way I treat my 3-year old daughter". When she 'adjusted' my upper back I felt a release of energy I can only describe as earth-shaking. This energy release came out as crying. I was worried she had injured me and I was afraid to move, for fear the searing pain I felt in college so often had returned. Seeing that Dr. Kathy wasn't concerned one bit, I relaxed a bit and let her help me up, tears still streaming. Apparently I've had some nasty stuff stored up in my cervical spine for many years. The difference I feel is significant enough to make me go back for more, and to happily hand over my credit card.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Dr. Kathy is amazing! She has been fixing my IT Band and got my sprained ankle fixed up in no time!

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat