9/20/08

Back to Training...finally

Here it is folks. My first day of training in a nutshell. I bought a new collar and leash for the latest addition to my group living situation, a black lab mix named Bailey. She's sweet, she licks me all over, which I CAN'T STAND. She's six and will learn to love to run with me and the veteran pooch, Casey-dog.


Casey already has a bright red collar and leash combo, so no red for Bailey. I found a nice green/brown thingy at PetSmart, along with a bag of food that's heavier than me. I've found that having two dogs diminishes the food box much more quickly, so I went for the biggest bag in the store, hoping I won't have to return any time soon.


Feeling shiny and ready, we set out on a 2 mile jaunt down to Georgetown and back, making my first official training run just over 4 miles. I'm a bit late getting started here since the Marine Corps Marathon is in 5 weeks, so I'm considering not running the race at all or walking a good portion of it. There is nothing more motivational than having already paid for a race.


It will hit me around November that I'm SIGNED UP FOR ANOTHER IRONMAN next July and my lifestyle and mindset will change dramatically. I plan to let my 7th grade students in on my plan so they're sympathetic when I show up with wet hair and goggle eyes, chain grease on my calf and ice packs on my knees. They'll think I'm a rockstar.


But for now, I'm just back to training! Want to go for a run?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Casey, you are awesome! Another ironman? Good god...

Let me know when you want to do a buddy run or buddy bike ride. I hear those weekend rides can be a killer!

RunSingTeach said...

Yes. We will run and ride together v. soon.

Jen said...

Did you get another dog?

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat