11/2/08

Interpreting the Dog


My friend Victoria and I took my dog, a 6 year old black lab mix named Bailey, for a walk to the bagel shop this morning. I spoke a few times about giving the dog a bath, as I've mentioned several times in the past week since we've been hiking and river swimming, and flea season isn't quite over.

Having heard my empty promises, Bailey took actions into her own hands today to make certain she would get the undelivered bath. As we walked home I poured out my cold coffee next to the sidewalk. She sniffed it, and then in true lab fashion, rolled on her back and shimmied all over the coffee. From nose to tail she was covered in the muddy coffee mess. (That's not actually a photo of Bailey, but looks just like she did, rolling in the coffee.)

She is now clean, conditioned and dry, sleeping happily in the sunlight under the window. The girl knows how to get what she wants.

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat