Attitude:
When I was a junior in high school I was the captain of the gymnastics team at my high school. At the same time I started coaching diving and gymnastics, and competing at the national level in Sports Acrobatics (not yet an Olympic sport). Over the course of that school year I learned a lot about tumbling and the mechanics of the sport. I also coached several cheerleading teams and really thought I knew what I was doing. When I started my senior year on the gymnastics team I had a much different attitude. I was cocky and obnoxious, trying to coach my fellow teammates with my newfound knowledge. That year I was not voted captain of the team and was very disappointed when the tally was revealed. Almost no one had voted for me.
After practice that day my coach discussed with me the change that had occured in my attitude since the previous year. Apparently, being able to do a good job has less to do with how well you know your stuff or your experience, it's about your attitude. That experience left a permanent lesson with me. It's all about attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment