Since Ironman Coeur d'Alene I've taken over a year and a half off from triathlon training with Team Z. Yesterday I returned to the group training model as a ride leader for the slower riders.
My friend and co-worker Michelle joined Team Z and it's been really satisfying watching her begin the process of discovering the sport of triathlon. Tonight I watched her try on running shoes and watch herself run on the treadmill at Potomac River Running. She's also discovered the concept of clipless pedals and hopes to have them soon.
Michelle and I signed up for the Muddy Buddy in Richmond, VA, in May. We run and bike as a team, switching events (we ride the same bike) half way through. The entire event is IN THE MUD, including the obstacle that rises only 18 inches over a sloppy mud pit. We have to go UNDER the obstacle, belly and all in the mud. Goody!
This season I'm also signed up for a 2-mile lake swim and Ironman USA in Lake Placid, NY. Hopefully my list will grow soon. Now that it's warm I'm getting geared up for training. The time change yesterday changed my outlook and even if it gets cold again I now have spring in my veins and once again, I am happy.
1 comment:
YAY! I'm looking forward to seeing you at workouts!
Post a Comment