I finally had the urge to ride my bicycle today. It's sunny, warm and the trails are full of fools. If you're not from Arlington or DC and you come visit with your bicycle, know that the roads are probably safer than the trails, although the views aren't as spectacular.
Some news from this week:
1. I've been 'surplussed' as a teacher in my county. This means my position no longer exists at my school (I knew this when I started the job) but I am guaranteed a position in the county. I'm gunning for the job at the neighboring middle school where the demographics are similar and the administration has a fantastic reputation. What WILL I do with my clothing from my current school?
2. I'm struggling in a big way with filling out paperwork for 'gifted' students. Since nominating several students for the status I've found that I have several hours worth of paperwork to do and after inquiring about the benefits the students receive from the status (an extra mailing about special classes in the summer) I'm even less enthusiastic.
3. I've gotten soft. I used to be a ball of muscle from constant plyometrics I did, mostly by accident, in gymnastics, chairs, balancing, trampoline, diving, etc. Why can't I eat cookies for dinner anymore? Hmmm....I'm nearly 31, I do only endurance sports, no muscle building activities, and I eat whatever I want. My eating habits have yet to grow up. This is difficult.
4. My dog is holding me back. I love her, but sometimes I wish she were a cat and could go in the litterbox and eat from an automatic feeder.
5. I'm racing in a sprint triathlon this weekend where the water temp is 60 and the air temp will be 50 at race start.
6. I'm considering not doing the Ironman race I signed up for last year. I've never NOT done a race I paid for. This is a $500 loss and a sad face in my book of goals and accomplishments. This isn't a final decision yet, although I think it would be the wisest. I want my weekends back.
--
Casey Moore
410-703-6387
--
Casey Moore
410-703-6387
1 comment:
:( No Ironman? I need someone to swim with!
Post a Comment