6/11/09

Random things on my mind...

1. I wonder if I use ... too often. I like the way it feels when I read it...like there's a moment of peace when I re-read my thoughts. As if nothing but a clear thought could come after ...

2. I've been able to grow two types of plants from seeds I took directly from the fruit I purchased from the grocery store: red pepppers and kiwi. I am, however, concerned that my plants tap out at about 8 inches. My tomato plants have stopped at about 12 inches, and the one with Miracle Grow is exactly the same as the one without.

3. I have a terrarium in my classroom that contains most of the fauna and flora my 7th graders have studied all year. I'm obsessed, so I'm going to tell you about it. There are 4 American Toads and one toad/frog that we haven't identified yet. We hatched them from eggs, raised them through the tadpole stage and now they survive on the fruit flies attracted to the rotten bananas. There are also about 200 milkweed bugs that eat only raw, shelled sunflower seeds. We put the seeds on the soil for them to eat, and they grew! The bugs eat the plants and when the bugs die the earthworms eat them, recycling the nutrients through the soil for the plants to uptake in their roots. I sit and watch this world more than I care to admit!

4. My favorite song is Galileo by the Indigo Girls. It's the last song they played last night at their concert at Wolftrap.

2 comments:

RunSingTeach said...

#4. Mine too. I should have stayed with you. I think my leaving and your staying are the perfect metaphors for our personalities. You, my wonderful free spirit, personally strong friend. Me, the wilting flower, unable to stand up to anyone. This is not bad, it just is and I'm happy we are a good balance this way. That's why we are longest friends.

Alaina said...

Number 1...I use "..." way to often myself! I feel like it mimics the way I talk...the pause before the next thought....yeah.

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat