5/21/09

Small Changes

I've made some changes in the last two weeks. Here's a brief list:

1. I decided to stop training for my second Ironman. It's been weighing on me all winter and I havne't been motivated to train the way one needs to for a race of this caliber, so I'm out.

2. I'll be working at a new school next year. I'm excited to leave the comforts of the school where I currently teach to take on new challenges and experiences with a different staff and group of kids. I feel like I have a good base now from which to claim my stake in education.

3. I'm officially a 'bug girl'. I now house close to 600 milkweed bugs in a 40 gallon terrarium. There are also tadpoles that have just grown their front legs.

4. I'm also officially a gardener. I'm successfully growing tomatoes, red peppers and radishes in my classroom! I'm excited to come to work every day because of the changes I see.

5. I bought myself a mountain bike in hopes of returning some sense of adventure and adrenaline to my life.

6. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a home-gym freestanding pullup system. I may order it today.

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat