2. It told two unmotivated but intelligent students I'd buy them each a pizza if they did tomorrow's classwork in advance (extra homework, essentially). Why would a teenage boy NOT do this for a free pizza? One of them stepped up, the other one forgot about it. Amazing.
3. Two months ago I found an acorn that had grown a small root structure. I put it in a pot and it's now 6 inches high with 4 leaves! My students think I'm full of magic. I think nature is magical. :)

4. I started to edit a science project for a student before she pastes the final copy onto her board. I knew right away that she hadn't written it. All the words are spelled correctly, the level of the vocabulary is college or higher, and the format doesn't match any of the requirements of the project I assigned. I didn't ask my students to do a research paper but she included a bibliography. This is the first entry: "Parent Involvement in Science Fair Projects: by Board of Education Prince Georges Conty, Maryland, 1999."
Seriously?
No comments:
Post a Comment