I realized today that more than 3 weeks has passed since CDA and I've done plenty of fun, rewarding workouts since my return. However, since I'm not following my Team Z schedule, I don't have a record of what I've been doing or how I feel about it. I can tell you what I did, what heart rate zone I was in and which build cycle we'd achieved on November 21, 2006, or March 5, 2007, since I can go to my beloved Yahoo!group and pull up the team file. I will eventually fall back into an organized schedule, but after a year of organized workouts I'm letting my body dictate what my workouts look like. I'm finding that I LIKE exercise again.
Yesterday I put on my only remaining bike shorts that don't have holes in them. My other 4 pairs have gaping holes with several attempted patches in the right upper inner thigh (see picture above; shorts are repaired with the underbelly from my stuffed turtle, Samuel). This has happened with 4 different bike seats on two different bikes. Bummer that I have razor blades built into my right inner thigh. I'm open to suggestions since good bike shorts are expensive and I'd love to have a pair last me through one season. Perhaps someday I'll be fast enough to be sponsored by Pearl Izumi and I'll get FREE shorts. I rode for a total of 90 minutes and much of that was in Zone 4 and 5. I'm finding that even when I'm slightly uncomfortable and out of Zone 2 (148-158 bpm for me) I enjoy myself much more. It's a difference of 6-10 mph. In zone 2 I'm averaging 10-12 mph and in zone 4-5 I'm averaging 18-20. It's much more fun to go fast!
I stopped and did some pull ups and leg lifts on the 'adult playground' along the W&OD trail, where there were three other bikers doing their strength work.
I am absolutely committed to being strong, maintaining my fitness and becoming 'svelte'. I'm a diamond in the rough, so to speak. At 163 pounds I'm a perfect size 10 and rather happy with my physical abilities. I like being an athena endurance athlete and think that at 150 pounds I'll be much faster, more comfortable running and just as strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment