Follow my journey from small-town triathlete turned NYC mom, turned nomadic homeschooling family of six.
10/18/07
That girl
I took my very first "Body Attack" class at Gold's Gym with my shiny new membership. I'm not known for my coordination or my ability to follow choreography, so I kept to the back, out of view of the instructor and the males in the class, and did my best to follow the moves. After about 10 minutes of concentrating and (almost) getting the hang of things, 'that girl' walked in and started to body attack right in front of me. This wouldn't have bothered me one bit except that she was doing her very own choreographed routine. She moved left when we moved left. She moved right, back and diagonal when we did such, but she performed every move differently than the instructor. I felt like I was doing one of those psychological tests where you look at the name of a color written in a different color and it alters your ability to identify the latter. I couldn't do a sequence of moves without trying to add some little twist or kick my brain was picking up from 'that girl'. Thankfully after about 30 minutes she went on to her more intense workout on the treadmill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat
No comments:
Post a Comment