12/21/07

Praise for a running pooch.

"A canine running partner offers many benefits. A dog adds a sense of security. A dog is always ready and willing to run. A dog patiently listens and does not interrupt. A dog never criticizes your running form and never mocks your attire. A dog does not complain about work or home. A dog does not mind running the same boring route every day. A dog does not complain if you spontaneously change your daily route to check out the latest running fashion on the roads.

On the dog side, a dog that exercises is a happy dog. A dog accustomed to a running routine may shame a reluctant partner into a pair of running shoes and out of the door to run the planet. "

On another note, you may want to check out Jay's blog. He took care of me this morning during the 7 hours I battled a brief bout of the stomach flu and was truly a savior. I'm so glad I did my long run on Wednesday. Really glad I don't have the flu on Christmas. I'm grateful the science teachers I work with took my kids for the fun activity we all had planned today. I didn't even have to get a sub. I'm forever grateful to my mom, who drove from far away to take care of me after Jay went to work. Oh, I'm never eating grits again. Never.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aha. Grits, the possible source of this agony. Or the shared symptom. Or the now cemented association. Too bad. Southern style they can be great comfort food and the only thing you want on the road to recovery.
Bob

RunSingTeach said...

Let's run the dogs this week. Buddy will totally be able to keep up with Casey for just a little bit. Toepath?

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat