9/26/08

Sad dog

I decided to do an impromptu semi-long run tonight, to break into official marathon training. I have exactly 4 weeks before the Marine Corps Marathon and I'm just NOW thinking about long runs. I may pass on the marathon and do Austin instead, but I'm still holding out hope that I can be reasonably ready for 26.2 miles. We'll see.

I have a new dog. She can comfortably run 4 miles with me. The beloved Caseydog can run up to 18!!! miles, but I didn't think I could run 4 with both pooches and continue after that. I decided to run 3 miles with Bailey, the newbie, and return for Caseydog for an additional 5.

I had to leave Caseydog behind. Since we acquired the dog over a year ago I haven't done a SINGLE run without her. As Bailey and I headed out on our short warm up I thought of nothing but C-dog sitting at the door with the saddest face in the world. I may have run a record 3 miles, knowing the relief I would feel when I returned. Next time I'll run first with Casey, then switch to Bailey for the slower, later miles.

I don't EVER want to see that sad dog face again.

No comments:

CDA: complete!

CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat