Follow my journey from small-town triathlete turned NYC mom, turned nomadic homeschooling family of six.
8/8/09
Melk and Vienna
Vienna is beautiful but huge! I had to do a train-bus-train transfer today and am exhausted for it. Went to a small town called Melk on the way to Vienna and saw a gigantic monastary. Nice and boring. :) I have some amazing pictures. Tonight I went to St. Peter's Cathedral and got the best ice cream in Vienna, recommended by the hostel. It was like Brooklyn Bagel in Clarendon (think Soup Nazi) and I loved it. I want to see the Imperial Palace Apartments tomorrow and possibly the Danube River Cruise to Bratislava (70Euros I think). I have a ticket that continues to Budapest that is good for two months, so I will eventually get there, although I hear there is a festival and no accommodations. Following the wind right now, and it seems to be working well, although my feet and back are sore at the end of each day. I am considering sending a package of clothes home, as I am finding I do not want to wear all that I brought. Everyone complains about how damn hot it is here but there is no humidity and it has been about 80 degrees. Gorgeous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CDA: complete!
15:42, sporting my finisher hat
No comments:
Post a Comment